Sunday, April 29, 2012

Plugging away

I got an opportunity to train Gali twice yesterday. In my first session my friend helped me with some distractions and sure enough the first jump (bar to the left), he couldn't do it. He just simply walked towards me. Once I got him over it then he was fine for the rest of the session. She also helped me by calling jumps for me, which went great, no problems at all. Random sits and go-outs were fine as well. Although for go- outs I only managed to get two directions done.

In my second set Chad helped me by calling jumps for me. This was about 6 hours after my first training session. Gali was keen and interested in what in was going on. I haven't told Chad what Gali is doing in training and I didn't tell him what I wanted him to do other than tell me which jump to go over. We got high jump first, no problem, then high jump a second time, no problem. Bar jump was our third jump (it was located on the left) and he did it without hesitation. So that is good news!!!

I set Gali up at the other end of the hall and had Chad repeat calling jumps for me. He has one occasion that he almost went in the wrong direction, but very quickly changed and did the jump he was asked. So that is good news too!!

Before I left the training hall I couldn't resist doing one go out and combining it with one jump, I did bar on the left of course and it all went very well.

Today I am going to get Aydon (my 12 year old son) to call jumps for me. I hope it goes well. I am also going to bring the jumps into 16 feet and pull one or two of the chutes away from the wall so that Gali is not sitting inside the chute but using the chute to keep his line of travel straight.

Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment