Wednesday, December 26, 2012

a done deal

Well, I finally wrote my obedience judge's test.  I wrote it on Friday before Christmas.  I was studying like crazy and was getting myself quite bent out of shape about how it would go and how I would feel if I failed any part of the test.  The test is made up of 4 parts; General, novice, open and utility.  I was most worried about the general section, which sounds silly but because I have not been a member of any clubs, I have never served as trial secretary and I don't pay much attention to what is on the cover of the premium list or what is inside it.  I had spent a lot of time putting all the principle features and different level of deductions on a spreadsheet and found that to be really helpful.  On my way to the test I was getting quite nervous then on the radio was a dedication to the children and adults that were killed the week previous in the school shooting.  I was very moved by the dedication and it also made me put things in perspective.  If I failed the test, I would just take it again.  But I still had my husband and son to go home to that afternoon when some people didn't.  I was being silly.

The test went rather well.  I think I passed every section.  You need to get 85% to pass.  I don't think I got it perfect but I am feel pretty confident that I will be able to move onto the next stage, which is the oral test.  My CKC Rep. thought that I would hear by the end of January.  Fingers crossed.  It was nice to have it done with.  I got to read my novel and not feel guilty that I should be studying.  I actually fell asleep in the bath reading the rulebook and it got all wet!!!

Now back to training my dogs.  Ribbon is entered in a few weeks and both she and Gali are entered in Feb for more trials.  If Gali passes both his trials in rally that will put him halfway to his RAE.

I have some plans to train tomorrow and then again on Friday, mixed in with taking down all the Christmas decorations in the training hall and getting ready for classes in the New Year.

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment