Friday, December 28, 2012

"Early" Morning Training

I say "early" because we got together at 10, which is the earliest I have been up and at em all Christmas season.  Being dressed, fed and dogs walked done by 9:30 was an achievement all by itself.  Chad and I stayed up late watching a movie on Net  flicks so I REALLY didn't feel like getting up.  Anyway Bonnie, Denise and I worked separately and then got together for a set of stays.  Chad was in the hall doing some odd jobs that included being up on a ladder.  In the middle of our down stay, we heard a big thump and turned around to find that the ladder had slipped off the agility table and fell onto two kennels (with Bonnie's dogs in them!).  Chad was now hanging onto the ladder.  We all ran over to stabilize the ladder and get Chad off of it.  Chad was fine, Bonnie's dog's were fine and when we turned around our dogs were still doing a down stay!! Good dogs... That took care of the proofing and distractions element of the training session.

I did articles with Ribbon again and she was perfect.  On one article she picked up a wrong article and carried with her while she continued to search and switched it when she found the correct article.  Again today I did fronts and finishes, about turns and recalls.  I also did some broad jumps and retrieves.  All in all I am really thrilled with how she is working and getting more and more excited about our upcoming trials.

Once training was done Bonnie and I took our dogs on the trails at the back of our property.  The dogs were tired, covered in snow and perfectly happy.

My plan for the rest of the day is to watch the junior game (taped - please don't tell me the result) and then I also have some taped tennis to watch.  Good Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment