Monday, May 7, 2012

Not yet

Well, it wasn't the result that I was hoping for. We didn't pass. We had routine #3, which starts with directed jumping. I thought at least we will find out quickly if all my work will pay off. His go outs were perfectly straight and he turned and sat on a dime. I had bar jump on the left first and he sailed over it – I was feeling pretty good. He took the high jump on the right without hesitation. His articles were very good. The next exercise was moving stand, I think he stopped pretty cleanly, but for some reason on the recall he moved beside me as if he was going to go direct to heel. However, he changed his mind and came back to a perfect front. So this left signals for the end. I was working hard to keep my nerves down, but my hands were shaking quite a bit. He heeled beautifully, including a little woof just to clear the air. On the down signal, my arm didn't feel right, so he didn't drop, but I have to say that he was paying attention. His attitude was great, so I think the signal was off enough to mess him up. He moved forward a step and started to lie down, but then remained standing. And that was the end of my chance to finish my title that day.

I am certainly disappointed, but not discouraged. I would like to get the title; I am the one that needs to be reinforced!! But my friend Victoria said to me this morning – "You have more to be encouraged by then be upset about." She is right.

So... I have put him in two more weekends, Swansea at the end of May and the LOC on June 01. Also I am on my way to vets in a few minutes to get his check up and I am going to ask her to take a look at his eyes, which is something I have been worrying over for the past few months.

Stay tuned

2 comments:

  1. It must be reinforcing for you to see all of your friends pulling for you, and cheering you on. No one was breathing when you did your Go Outs, and a feeling of heartsickness when Gali didn't down. There is such genuine good energy behind you and Gali, it is R+ on steroids! :) It was a beautiful run, Marie. The heeling alone could make me cry, it is simply magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks - I really appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete